VPNUK Terms & Conditions
Terms of Sale
This is an agreement between you and VPNUK for virtual private network communications services, related services and features. It is NOT a service for the commission of criminal acts. It is an anonymity and privacy service. You agree not to violate any laws of any jurisdiction you are originating from, or terminating into.
1. You agree to protect your user id/password and our system from unauthorised use. You are responsible for all actions that occur on our servers where the login uses your user id/password.
2. You agree not to use the system for sending spam, port scanning, scanning for open proxies or open relays, sending opt-in email, unsolicited email or any type or version of email sent in large quantities even if the email is ultimately sent off of another server.
3. You agree not post or transmit data through the servers which, in VPNUK’s sole determination, constitutes a violation of any relevant law, regulation or ordinance. You agree to be responsible for determining what laws or regulations are applicable to your use of the services. Prohibited activity whilst connected to the VPNUK servers includes, identity theft and the sending of phishing or other malicious emails.
4. You agree not to attack in any way shape or form any other computer or network while on our service.
5. Actual service coverage, speeds, locations and quality may vary.
6. The Service will attempt to be available at all times except for limited periods for maintenance and repair. However the Service may be subject to unavailability for a variety of factors beyond our control including emergencies, third party service failures, transmission, equipment or network problems or limitations, interference, signal strength, and may be interrupted, refused, limited or curtailed.
7. We are not responsible for data, messages or pages lost, not delivered, delayed or misdirected because of interruptions or performance issues with the Service or communications services or networks (e.g., T-1 lines or the Internet).
8. We may impose usage or Service limits, suspend Service, or block certain kinds of usage in our sole discretion to protect users or the Service.
9. Network speed is an estimate and is no indication of the speed at which your or the Service sends or receives data. Actual network speed will vary based on configuration, compression, network congestion and other factors. The accuracy and timeliness of data received is not guaranteed; delays or omissions may occur.
10. We do not log any user activity (sites visited, DNS lookups, emails etc.) We only log access attempts to our servers (for security and troubleshooting), session durations and bandwidth used.
11. We do not get involved in any form of censorship.
12. We do not give your personal info to any third parties.
14. We do not co-operate with any requests for information unless we are ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction and the vast majority of these requests would not be from a court of competent jurisdiction. We will protect you to the maximum and our system is setup to automatically do so. There are hundreds of good reasons for being anonymous and we respect them fully.
15. Hacking, cracking, distribution of viruses, fraudulent activities, network sabotage, phishing, and/or any conduct deemed illegal or unwanted shall be subject to suspension or termination.
16. Using any account for the distribution or download of copyrighted material over P2P or any other file sharing network whilst connected to one of our servers which located in a country where DMCA is enforced is strictly prohibited.
17. Users are responsible for the proper secure configuration of their services and are responsible for any damages caused by their neglect or exposure of vulnerabilities whether intentional or unintentional.
18. Users are not permitted to repackage or resell our VPN services. Any user found to be reselling our accounts will have their account terminated.
19. All users should have a valid UK TV license if they intend to watch Live UK TV programs on any of the services we promote through this website and through our VPN Tunneling service.
20. We are not responsible or affiliated in any way to any of the third party services or media being offered through this website.
21. This is the whole agreement. From time to time, We may post a new terms of service that will become binding and it is the responsibility of the users to periodically check for new Terms of Service.
This Services Agreement (the “Agreement”) contains the complete terms and conditions which governs your use of your VPNUK Account provided by VPNUK Limited (the “Services”). As used in this Agreement, “VPNUK Limited” means VPNUK Limited and “Client”, “you”, or “your” means you. By clicking on the “Order” button, you acknowledge that you have read the Agreement, and you agree to its terms and conditions and all policies posted on the VPNUK Limited site. As referred to in this Agreement, “Site” refers to a World Wide Web site and the “VPNUK Limited site” refers to the Site located at the URL http://www.vpnuk.info, or any other successor sites owned or maintained by VPNUK Limited.
1. APPROPRIATE USE.
VPNUK Limited provides the Services exclusively and makes no effort to edit, control, monitor or restrict the content of data other than as necessary to provide such Services.
Client agrees that they will not distribute, electronically transmit or display any materials supplied by Client – or through Client by a third party – to any VPNUK Limited server in connection with Client’s use of the Services which:
Violate any laws or regulations;
Infringe on any intellectual property rights (ie, copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights) of VPNUK Limited or any third party;
Are threatening or harassing;
Are defamatory, slanderous or trade libelous;
Content that contains;
beastiality, lolita, warez, child porn are discriminatory based on gender, race, age or promotes hate, violates any VPNUK Limited policy posted on the VPNUK Limited site.
Contain viruses or other computer programming defects which result in damage to VPNUK Limited or any third party.
Client shall not use the Services for chain letters, junk mail, spamming, or any use of distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process.
VPNUK Limited reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. VPNUK Limited, in its sole discretion, may immediately terminate this Agreement if Client engages in any of the foregoing. To report any unacceptable behavior by a third party using the Services, please contact email@example.com.
4. PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS
VPNUK Limited shall require payment in advance for one month of service. VPNUK Limited shall be entitled to immediately terminate this Agreement for Client’s failure to make timely payments to VPNUK Limited. If Client terminates this Agreement in accordance with Section 6 hereunder, the VPN account will automatically expire at the end of the monthly billing period.
5. BILLING OPTIONS
DalPay Retail is an authorised retailer of goods and services supplied by VPNUK Limited. dalpay.is +18778657746 will appear on your card statement.
PayPal securely processes payments for VPNUK Limited. Orders will appear on your statement as paid to: PAYPAL*VPNUK.
Google Wallet process payments for VPNUK Limited. Your credit card will be charged by Google. “GOOGLE * VPNUK LTD” will appear by the charge on your credit card statement.
AlertPay is a secure payment processor for VPNUK Limited. Orders will appear on your statement as paid to: Payza*VPNUK.
6. CLIENT LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
The Client agrees that in no event shall VPNUK Limited be liable to any third party for Client’s breach or alleged breach of any of the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. Client agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless VPNUK Limited from any and all expenses, losses, liabilities, damages or third party claims resulting from client’s breach or alleged breach of any client obligations set forth hereunder.
7. TERM, TERMINATION & REINSTATEMENT
Subject to the terms and conditions hereof, this Agreement shall be effective on the date you register for VPN Services, and shall continue in effect on a month by month basis. Either party will have the right to terminate this Agreement. If Client is terminating this Agreement, Client must request cancellation via the Control Panel (https://clientcp.vpnuk.info/vpnuk/clients/) inside the customer area “Client CP”. All subscription cancellations must be completed in full and received by the end of the respective month of cancellation. Any other attempt by Client to cancel this Agreement by written or e-mail notice shall be void.
If Client terminates their account, Client shall be allowed to reinstate use of the Services within an alloted time frame. The permitted time frames are 60 (Sixty) days after expiration on “Shared IP” accounts and 7 (Seven) days on “Dedicated IP” accounts. Once payment has been received, Client’s account will be activated within Forty-Eight (48) business hours.
Client will pay and indemnify and hold VPNUK Limited harmless from any and all taxes associated with or arising from Client’s use of the Services, including any penalties and interest and any costs associated with the collection or withholding thereof.
9. REFUND POLICY
VPNUK Limited offer a full 72hr money back guarantee on all VPN accounts if you are not 100% satisfied with the service.
Full refunds are also available on subscription based accounts created in error by the client for up to 60 (Sixty) days of the order date should we find the client error to be justified. Refunds are not available for one-off accounts after a period of 72 hours.
Any refunds issued to incorrect, duplicate or any other subscription based account created in error by the client that are older than 60 days are made at the sole discretion of VPNUK Limited and will be subject to an administration fee. Full or partial refunds are not available on one off yearly accounts.
60 to 120 days – 20% of the order total.
After a duration of 120 days refunds are unavailable.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
The services, on the VPNUK Limited site, including without limitation, all products and services displayed or offered on the VPNUK Limited site, and all text, graphics, links and applications are provided to client on an ‘as is’ basis and without warranty of any kind. VPNUK Limited disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to each of the foregoing, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or arising from a course of dealing. without limiting the generality of the foregoing, VPNUK Limited specifically disclaims any warranty that (1) the services will be uninterrupted or error-free; (2) defects will be corrected; (3) there are no viruses or other harmful components; and (4) the security methods employed will be sufficient.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event shall VPNUK Limited be liable for damages resulting from loss of data, profits, use of the VPNUK Limited site or any VPNUK Limited products or services, or for any incidental, indirect, punitive, or consequential damages in connection with this agreement or in connection with any products or services provided hereunder. In no event shall VPNUK Limited cumulative liability exceed an amount greater than three hundred pounds (£300 GBP).
We take copyright infringement disputes seriously and null route access to all sites and services that provide access to copyrighted material.
All claimed infringement notices should be sent to;
265-269 Kingston Road
London SW19 3NW
FAX: +44 (0)20 8082 5709
In order to act upon any claimed infringements we require all parts of the following information regarding the copyrighted works;
1. Infringing work:
2. Date/Time of claimed infringement:
3. IP Address of alleged infringer:
4. Protocol of infringement:
5. URL of copyrighted work or BitTorrent tracker URL:
6. Torrent InfoHash (if applicable):
7. Filename of copyrighted work:
You must also include;
8. A description of the copyrighted work you claim to have been infringed. If you are not the owner of the copyrighted work, you must also include your electronic or digital signature as a person authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
9. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing and its location on the internet where we are able to access it;
10. Information reasonably sufficient to permit VPNUK Limited to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
11. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
12. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notification is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Upon receipt of the written Notification containing the information as outlined in sections 1 to 12 above:
1. VPNUK Limited shall disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
2. VPNUK Limited shall forward the written notification to such alleged infringer (“user”);
3. VPNUK Limited shall take reasonable steps to promptly notify the user that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
We offer a 72hr money back guarantee on all VPN accounts, if you are not 100% satisfied with the service let us know within 24hrs and we will give you a full refund. Due to the nature of the service, refunds are not possible after this 48 hour period. If you are unsure whether or not to subscribe to our services please don’t. The VPN service we offer is genuine, it really does work as we have described. If you are still unsure about setting up an account we suggest you try our FREE VPNUK trial account accounts!
For additional security and in order to combat identity theft and online fraud we may ask new clients to confirm their identity with proof of ID before issuing account details, this will also lead to a delay processing new orders. ID can be forwarded to us via our LIVE HELP support desk or ticketing system. Full details will be sent to you upon confirmation of order if ID is required.
In order to reduce the chances of any orders being flagged by our internal security its best to disconnect any IP cloaking devices
before ordering services from our website.
If you have to use any of these types of connection in order to place the order at our website please let us know before hand at our Live Help service, this will reduce the chance of any orders being flagged by our internal security systems.
Our website https://www.vpnuk.info stores and processes data exclusively in accordance with the European data protection regulation (GDPR). You, as a user, agree to have your data processed according to this regulation. Definitions of the terms used (eg “personal data” or “processing”) can be found in Art. 4 GDPR. The full and most recent version of the GDPR is available at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679&from=EN
The following policies informs you about the nature, scope and purpose of the collection, processing and use of personal data.
1. We do not ever log or store user session data. We can only log access attempts to our servers, session durations and the amount of bandwidth used, this is only accessed when called upon for account troubleshooting and security purposes.
2. We will never release any account information to any persons except for law enforcement personnel, and only then when we are issued with the proper documentation and paperwork which must display the correct IP and timestamp of when a violation of our Terms of Service has taken place.
3. It is not possible for us to monitor user sessions for inappropriate behavior. However, if in the course of normal business we discover a violation our Terms of Service Agreement we will contact the account holder.
This is valid as of 15.05.2018.
The contents of this website may change as well as the technologies being used to implement it. We reserve the right to change the information provided in this privacy statement without prior notice. You will always find the most recent version of the document published on our website. We recommend visiting this page from time to time to review potential changes to the policy.
We have taken technical and organisational precautions to protect your data, in particular, against the loss, manipulation or unauthorised access. We regularly adapt our measures and arrangements to the most recent technical standards.
This site uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential data (like inquiries via the contact form on our website). You recognise an encrypted connection in the address-bar of the browser showing “https://” instead of “http://” and an additional lock symbol.
If SSL encryption is enabled, data you submit to us can not be intercepted by a third party.