Setting up VPNUK access on Amazon devices.
Kindle Fire or Fire Phone: If you choose to download the app directly from our server please ensure you have Unknown Sources enabled. To enable Unknown Sources, pull your notification bar down, and select Settings > Applications and set ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ to ‘On’.
Amazon Fire TV: If you choose to download the app directly from our server please ensure you have Developer Options enabled. Go to Settings > Device > Developer Options and turn on Debugging and Unknown Sources.
1. Install VPNUK App for Amazon
Go to the Amazon App Store on your Amazon device and download the official ‘VPNUK’ app. If you are unable to use the Amazon App Store, or if you cannot locate the VPNUK app on your Amazon device you can sideload the VPNUK app by using the Downloader app which is available in the Amazon App Store.
Sideload using the Downloader app.
1. Search for and install the Downloader App.
2. Enter the VPNUK app URL: app.vpnuk.net and then click ‘Go’.
3. Once the download is complete click onto ‘Install’.
2. Configure new connectionEnter the connection settings by clicking onto the settings cog
2. Configure Connection
Enter your VPNUK login ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ and check the ‘Save Credentials’ box if you would like the app to save your login details.
6. Choose Server
Click onto the server selection button.
7. Account Type
Choose your VPNUK account type.
8. Select Server
If you have a Shared IP account you can connect to any of the Shared IP servers. If you have a Dedicated IP account or a 1:1 Dedicated IP account please choose your connecting server, you can find these details in your welcome email or in the members area. All Dedicated IP account holders also have unlimited access to all of our Shared IP servers.
You can now connect to your VPNUK account.
10. Connection Complete
Your account will now be connected to the VPN, if you would like to disconnect or switch to a different server, click onto the ‘Disconnect’ button and choose a different server. You can now connect to the service from the Quick Launch screen by use the quick connect toggle. If you would like to edit your connection in future, click onto the settings cog on the top right of the screen.
ISP DNS Hijack / DNS Leak Protection
Some ISPs will attempt to hijack your DNS settings which hinders the VPN connection from functioning correctly. If you find that your VPNUK connection does not route your traffic correctly you can try changing your Public DNS server to the VPNUK DNS server or to an alternative like Google DNS.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Go to ‘Wireless and Network’ settings.
3. Go to ‘Wi-Fi’.
4. Click your connection from the list of available networks for a few seconds and select ‘Modify network’ when the option appears.
5. Select the option to ‘Show advanced options’ and ensure the IP Settings dropdown is set to ‘Static’.
6. Change ‘DNS 1’ to the VPNUK Public DNS server: 22.214.171.124 or the Google Public DNS IP address: 126.96.36.199.
7. Thats it!