Setting up VPNUK access on Android devices.
1. Install VPNUK App for Android
Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device and download the official ‘VPNUK‘ app. If you are unable to use PlayStore, you can download the VPNUK app from our site here: VPNUK for Android App.
2. Configure new Android connection
Enter the Android connection settings by clicking onto the settings cog.
3. Configure Android Connection
Enter your VPNUK login ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ and check the ‘Save Credentials’ box if you would like the app to save your login details.
4. Choose Server
Click onto the server selection button.
5. Account Type
Choose your VPNUK account type.
6. Select Server
If you have a Shared IP account you can connect to any of the Shared IP servers. If you have a Dedicated IP account or a 1:1 Dedicated IP account please choose your connecting server, you can find these details in your welcome email or in the members area. All Dedicated IP account holders also have unlimited access to all of our Shared IP servers.
You can now connect to your VPNUK account through Android.
8. Connection Complete
Your account will now be connected to the VPN on your Android device, if you would like to disconnect or switch to a different server, click onto the ‘Disconnect’ button and choose a different server. You can now connect to the service from the Quick Launch screen by use the quick connect toggle. If you would like to edit your connection in future, click onto the settings cog on the top right of the screen.
ISP DNS Hijack / DNS Leak Protection
Some ISPs will attempt to hijack your DNS settings which hinders the VPN connection from functioning correctly. If you find that your VPNUK connection does not route your traffic correctly you can try changing your Public DNS server to the VPNUK DNS server or to an alternative like Google DNS.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Go to ‘Wireless and Network’ settings.
3. Go to ‘Wi-Fi’.
4. Click your connection from the list of available networks for a few seconds and select ‘Modify network’ when the option appears.
5. Select the option to ‘Show advanced options’ and ensure the IP Settings dropdown is set to ‘Static’.
6. Change ‘DNS 1’ to the VPNUK Public DNS server: 184.108.40.206 or the Google Public DNS IP address: 220.127.116.11.
7. Thats it!