Q. I am receiving an Error 633 – Phonebook Error?
A. 633: Could not write to PhoneBook
Cause: The VPNUK connection manager is being run from within the zip archive.
Solution: Extract or drag the the VPNUK.pbk file to the Desktop
Q. Error 624 – Cannot update the phonebook?
A. Cause: The VPNUK connection manager is being run from within the zip archive. Solution: Extract or drag the the VPNUK.pbk file to the Desktop
Q. I am receiving an Error 609?
A. If you receive an Error 609 it may mean that PPTP or L2TP are not installed or correctly configured on your computer..
1. Click Start > All Programs >Accessories and right click on ‘Command Prompt’.
2. Choose ‘Run as Administrator’
3 . In the Command prompt, type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each one.
Netcfg -u MS_L2TP
Netcfg -u MS_PPTP
Netcfg -l %windir%infnetrast.inf -c p -i MS_PPTP
Netcfg -l %windir%infnetrast.inf -c p -i MS_L2TP
You may be prompted to confirm installation, click yes.
Once installed reboot.
Q. I keep getting an error 619?
A. If you receive an Error 619 the connection may be blocked by a firewall or other security device. Try going to the LAN/VPN connection properties on the networking tab and disable any firewalls listed.
There is also a chance the DNS requires flushing.
1. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories
2. Right click on ‘Command Prompt’ and select ‘Run as administrator’
3. When command prompt opens type or paste the following: ipconfig /flushdns
4. Click enter
5. Then type or paste: netsh interface ip delete arpcache
6. Click enter
7. Close all windows and Reboot
Q. Error 691: Access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain?
A. 1.Click Start, point to Connect To, and then click your VPN connection.
2. Click Properties, and then click the Options tab.
3. Click to clear the Include Windows logon domain check box (if it is selected), and then click OK.
4. Click Connect.
Q. I am receiving an Error 720?
A. If you receive an Error 720: A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection. Please follow these instructions very carefully, if you are not happy editing your registry please ask someone that knows what they are doing.
Option 1 – Simple TCP/IP Repair
1. Run the Windows XP TCP/IP Repair Utility from: here and choose to “Reset TCP/IP”
2. Reboot and try your VPN connection.
Option 2 – RAREPAIR Network Device Re-install
Run the Windows XP RAREPAIR Utility from: here and follow the on screen instructions. The utility will reboot your system a couple as its re-creating your network devices.
Q. I am receiving an Error 768?
A. The Machine must have “IPSEC Services” Enabled in the services area of the “Computer Management” application. This should be enabled by default, however some applications can disable it.
1. Open the Control Panel
2. Click on Administrative Tools
3. Click on Services
4. Locate IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules
5. Verify service has started, if not,
6. Right click IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules
7. Select Start
8. Verify service startup type is Automatic
9. Locate IPsec Policy Agent
10. Verify service has started, if not,
11. Right click IPsec Policy Agent
12. Select Start
13. Verify service startup type is Automatic
Q. I am receiving an Error 789?
A. 789: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer
Cause: Your operating system is not correctly configured to connect to an L2TP server. The connection attempt is failing before a connection to the server is ever attempted. This error is caused entirely by a misconfiguration of the user’s operating system. Location, or connect type has no bearing on receiving this error message.
- Usually a Windows Error
- Open Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Services
- Make sure the IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service is started and configured to start automatically at startup. If the service is already started, restart it.
- Make sure the IPsec Policy Agent service is started and configured to start automatically at startup. If the service is already started, restart it.
- Attempt to connect to the VPN server again, if still unsuccessfully, please contact the Live Help and notify them of the takes you have already taken to resolve the issue.
Alternatively, you can do it from commnad prompt. Type the following one at a time, check spelling and press enter. net stop policyagent, net start policyagent, net stop ikeext, net start ikeext, net stop remoteaccess, net start remoteaccess
Q. I am receiving an Error 792?
A. Ensure all the details are correct. Go to the Connection Window and click onto ‘Properties’
1. General Tab: Ensure the VPNUK server IP is correct.
2. Options Tab: ‘Windows logon Domain’ unchecked.
3. Security Tab: Security Options on ‘Typical’
4. Networking Tab: Select L2TP and IPSec Key: 69000903 uncheck TCPv6.
Q. I am receiving an Error 800?
A. 800: Unable to establish the VPN connection
- Cause: The VPN server may be unreachable, or security parameters may not be configured properly for this connection.
- Restart your computer.
- Please go through the configuration step by step and ensure that all the settings are correct.
- Make sure you are using your correct VPNUK login details
- Check your router or modem settings.
- Try turning off your firewall.
Q. I am receiving an Error 806?
A. 806: A connection between your computer and the VPN server has been started, but the VPN connection cannot be completed
- Cause: The most common cause for this is that at least one Internet device (for example, a firewall or a router) between your computer and the VPN server is not configured to allow Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) protocol packets. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator or Internet service provider.
- Probable Solution: Ask your Network Administrator or ISP to allow traffic through the GRE 47 IP Protocol.
- Possible Solution: Disable your firewall or configure your router to allow VPN connections.
Q. I am receiving an Error 919?
A. If you receive an Error 919 please follow these instructions.
1. Click Properties.
2. Click the Security tab.
3. Change the security to: Typical (recommended settings).