Table of Contents
Adding an exception to McAfee Firewall.
- If you are unable to install our software you should firstly close all running programs and applications and disable the Mcafee program. If you are unsure about leaving your PC without any protection for the next few minutes you can always enable Windows Defender from your control panel.
- Install the OpenVPN Assistant and OpenVPN or the VPNUK Connection Assistant software.
- Open your McAfee application.
- Click Web and Email Protection.
- Click Firewall.
- Click Internet Connections for Programs drawer (or Program Permissions on some versions).
- Scroll to the bottom and click Add.
- Click Browse and select the OpenVPN Assistant application and OpenVPN application from Program Files and Program FIles (x86) then click “OK” twice to add the file to the Exclusions list. If you are using our VPNUK Connection Assistant software you should also add this application.
- Select each application and click Open.
- Set the access type you want using the options in the Access drop-down menu.
- Click Save.