OpenVPN random disconnection
Table of Contents
OpenVPN is randomly disconnecting from the VPN when using Windows?
If OpenVPN randomly disconnects please try the following, this will create a static metric.
Metric should ideally be calculated on your MTU, but a safe medium is to use 1234.
- Go to ‘Network and Sharing Centre’.
- Go to ‘Change Adpater Options’ or ‘View Adapter Options’.
- Right click onto your TAP Windows Adapter V9.
- Uncheck IPv6.
- Highlight IPv4 and and click onto ‘Properties’.
- Click onto the ‘Advanced’ button.
- Uncheck ‘Automatic Metric’.
- Type 1234 into the ‘Interface metric’ box.
- Click ‘OK’.
- Connect the VPN.
If the static metric method does not work you can try reinstalling the TAP Driver from our connection assistant software.