OpenVPN Trapped Process
My Connection on OpenVPN is not working, I cannot connect, its stuck on connecting or exiting?
If you are using OpenVPN GUI on Windows and the VPN will not connect or disconnect fully the connection may be trapped, you can kill this from task manager.
- Close or exit the OpenVPN GUI from the system tray
- Click onto the ‘Start’ button and type: task manager – this will display the Task Manager app, once displayed, open it.
- Scroll down to Background processes. Note: you may need to click onto ‘More Details’ to view Background processes.
- Scroll down the list of processes to OpenVPN Deamon, highlight it and then click ‘End Task’.
- You can now close Task Manager, restart OpenVPN GUI and connect.