WireGuard® Local Network
My local network is broken and refuses access when connected to WireGuard®
The issue of broken local network routing appears to only happen in WireGuard® for Windows, where all traffic is forced to go through WireGuard® prior to routing. To resolve the issue that local network routing is prohibited by WireGuard® involved adding static route. However, there is easier solution built into the WireGuard® Windows client.
To allow traffic within local network to bypass WireGuard® so that the route does not get killed, follow these steps:
- Open the WireGuard® Windows client.
- In the left pane, select the connection that you want local network routing to work, if you have more than one configuration.
- Click onto the ‘Edit‘ button.
- Uncheck ‘Block untunneled traffic (kill-switch)‘ option.
- Click ‘Save’.
- Disconnect and reconnect the VPN if its already connected.